We’re always excited to tell the story of the Earth Bag. How does it all come together? It starts with the trash literally and figuratively. We work with some of the largest companies in the world to leverage their waste into beautiful collections of products for them to purchase from us for gifts and for us to sell in our own collections. We use the materials that are needed for their orders first and whatever is left over we will use for our own collection. Here is how it works.
- Identify. We are in a unique position now that we have inbound request to send us materials. By the way if you are looking to send us materials for a project or something else reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org. We learn what is available for upcycling. It could be advertising banners or clothing. Where is the excess. Once we know what is available we ask for pictures, pictures, pictures.
- Plan. We take time to understand the goals of the company we are working with. If we don’t know what they want to accomplish it is impossible to accomplish it. We end up using the end goal to direct us through sampling, prototyping, iterating, and production. We lay out the timelines and plan accordingly.
- Production. We send the materials into our production. This alone sets us apart. This is extremely complicated and requires a lot of moving parts to align. We set up multiple tasks to run at the same time and have laid this out several project management softwares to ensure the process runs smoothly.
- Communication. This is one of the most important steps, if not the most. If it doesn't get documented it didn’t happen. And if it was formatted for social media it might as well have never happened. This may be a harsh reality but our mission when we started has not changed. We want to inspire other companies and consumers to take action. This requires us to tell people about the work. Our takeaway from working with over a dozen Fortune 500 companies is don’t be afraid to talk about the work you do.
- Repeat. Once the bags are created they are are delivered and we prepare for the next bags. Our bags are delivered all over the world. We are thankful to ur customers and fans. But we do have big goals. We plan to address the landfill waste directly (8% of it is textile based). Our journey competes.
You can learn more about our collections here and you can always shop with us at hamiltonperkins.com. For more information contact us at email@example.com